top of page

Standard Fire Safety Certificates

What is a Standard Fire Safety Certificate?

Before you begin any work on a new building (post planning approval) or make a material change of use to your existing premises, you should apply to the local building control authority for a fire safety certificate. Ideally you should not start work unless you have a fire safety certificate issued by your local authority,

Tubridy Engineering will compile and supply to the local authority the following to support you application:

  • Site location map

  • Layout plan

  • Floor plans

  • Elevations and sections

  • Compliance document (showing compliance with part B of the Building Regulations.)

and other particulars that are necessary to:

  • Identify and describe the building / works to which the application relates

  • Illustrate that the building / works will comply with the requirements of Part B (Sections 1-5) of the first schedule to the building regulations.

The extent to which plans and compliance document will be required to establish compliance with building regulations will vary in individual cases depending on the type, size and complexity of the building

Standard Fire Safety Certificate: Services
bottom of page